I'm sure you could tell from my posts for the last few weeks that lately, my cooking entails recipes that one can cook with their eyes half closed. Simple soups, easy appetizers, one-pot-meals.
Today's recipe is another no-brainer, really.
So simple, and very appetizing.
Do you like those fried turmeric fish that they serve at the mamak stalls?
I love them! This is my homecooked version, bite size fillet style.
Perfect as a snack plate or even a main dish. I like these especially with plain porridge, teochew style.
Turmeric Fish Fillet
- 350g garoupa fillet, slice into bite size pieces
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp fine salt
- Generous pinch of white pepper
- Oil for pan frying
1. Pat dry the fish fillet before cutting into thin bite size slices. It is much easier to slice them if the fish is semi frozen. Once fully thawed, coat the fish pieces evenly with the turmeric powder, salt and pepper.
2. Heat the oil in a non stick pan until hot, then gently lay the fish pieces in the oil and fry for about 2 min on each side until golden and fragrant. Do not over fry the fish else they will become tough.
3. Drain on absorbent paper and serve warm.
I use more salt as i am serving this with plain porridge. Reduce the amount of salt if you are making this as finger food.