Now let me tell you, this thing blends EVERYTHING into a pulp. No joke. I could load it up to the max, sometimes even more than that, press auto, count to 20, and the whole stuff is liquidized. I LOVE it!
|This photo shows a different recipe for juicing. I just wanted to post it to show the|
blender and the "horsepower". I loaded the quantity of ingredients to the max.
See the flow of the juice that comes out - fast and furious!
The twist to this smoothie is the addition of ginger juice. Did I hear someone just say "ewwww!"? LOL, don't worry, you won't be able to taste it at all (make sure you use young ginger). The sweetness of the other ingredients will mask any gingery aftertaste.
I like to add ginger juice as it removes any "wind" factor (some people are susceptible to having "wind" from freshly blended juice), and it perks up the drink nicely (ie minimises the "heaviness" of the smoothie). Healthwise, well, there's plenty of writeup already about the health benefits of consuming ginger.
- 150g of fresh blueberries
- 1 tsp of young ginger juice
- 1 ripened large banana
- A few sprigs of fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tbspn brown sugar
- 2 small tubs of blueberry yogurt (I use Marigold, and the standard size tub of 135g each)
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 1/2 cup of boiled, room temperature water
1. Rinse the blueberries and add into the blender.
2. Grate some young ginger and squeeze to make 1 tsp. Pour into the blender.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients into the blender and blitz until smooth. Serve immediately or chilled.
Note 1: If you like your smoothie thick, just omit the water. I didn't add ice cubes as I am also serving this to my son.