Pages

Monday 30 July 2012

Honeycomb and Calamansi Drink




One of the things my MIL always pack for us in her regular delivery is honeycomb rock sugar.  She says it's a good substitute for normal rock sugar since it is made with honey and cane sugar, hence is more nourishing.


Now it's one of my favourite quick and easy drinks when I need something soothing and refreshing.  This is also good when you feel like a sorethroat or bodyheatiness is looming. 


Served this chilled or with some ice cubes, or as a warm soothing drink before bedtime.  I would think it's good for kids too.  Better than soft drinks or other packet drinks.  I like to serve this on cell nights too, especially if I don't have time to boil sweet dessert soup ("tong sui") or lo han guo drink.




Honeycomb and Calamansi Drink

  • 2-3 medium size pieces of honeycomb rock sugar
  • Juice of 1-2 small calamansi
  • Warm, boiled water

1.  Mix the honeycomb rock sugar in the warm water and stir until melted.

2.  Add in the calamansi juice and adjust the sweetness to your preference and serve. 

2 comments:

  1. I think I have seen this honeycomb sugar at the Chinese medicine shop before. Will try to get some and try your drink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, can get the honeycomb from chinese medicine shops. Try to get the light coloured ones instead of the stronger yellow ones, my MIL said the former has less coloring.

      Delete

Feel free to leave your comments here. If you are not a blogger, just select profile and choose "Name/URL", fill in your name and leave the URL blank. Thanks and hope you enjoy the postings here, or better still, get to try some new recipes from here. Cheers!