I made this using my homemade yogurt, strained it overnight so that it turned thick and creamy, just like cream cheese.
|See the whey that has been collected at the bottom of the bowl?|
|Thick and creamy, minus the calories|
Yogurt Cream Cheese with Herbs
- 1 cup strained yogurt (homemade or regular yogurt)
- Pinch of salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Pinch of mixed herbs or your favourite herbs (I like to use thyme and rosemary)
- 1/2 tsp of finely chopped garlic (or use a microplane grater)
- Chicken salt (optional, but it really adds a real kick to the taste!)
1. Mixed the seasonings into the yogurt and adjust the taste to your preference.
|Serve the yogurt cream cheese as a dip for these herb lamb meatballs|
- recipe for the meatballs is scheduled for posting next month
so watch out for it :)
|I always keep a batch of this dressing in the fridge for light |
salad lunches. One of the blogs I follow also made ceasar salad
dressing using strained yogurt - I can't wait to try that version!
|Spread it on hot toast - yummy.|