I can't gush enough about how versatile puff pastry is. I've used it to make curry puffs, nian gou puffs, cinnamon and banana puffs; and now these mini nutella croissants/rolled puffs.
These store bought, frozen puff pastry is super convenient. Just make your desired filling, spread it on the pastry, roll em up and bake. These little yummy croissants make a tasty snack or light lunch for the family.
This recipe is also kid friendly. I got my son to do almost the entire preparation and it was a fun bonding activity for mother and son. The prep is easy and practically mess free. He's been asking for more baking activities since then so I've been on the lookout for more of such simple recipes :)
Mini Nutella Croissants
Makes 10 mini croissants
- Nutella spread
- 5 pieces of frozen puff pastry, thawed (10x10cm)
- 1 small egg, beaten (for egg wash)
- Preheat the oven to 180celcius
- Arrange the pastry on a non stick baking tray. Using a pair of cooking scissors, snip each piece of pastry into half and arrange it neatly on the tray.
- Spread a generous teaspoon of nutella on each pastry and roll it up, the open seam facing down.
- Gently brush with the beaten egg and bake for 20minutes until golden and slightly puffed up.
|A perfect recipe for those small fingers|
|Spread, roll, bake. Couldn't be easier.|
|Makes a good party snack or light bite|