This recipe came about purely because I wanted to finish up some leftover feta cheese and my son has been asking for burgers of late. So I thought, why not make some burger patties using the feta?
I used lean minced chicken, but the next time round I'm gonna be a bit indulgent and use half lean minced beef instead. The fatty bits will make the patties extra juicy. There's just something about the aroma of burger patties sizzling merrily on the pan. My son came back from school, poked his head through the kitchen door and grinned - Mum, that smells yummy!
You can make extras and freeze the uncooked patties for up to 2 weeks.
Chicken and Feta Cheese Burger Patties
Make about 6 medium size patties
- 350g minced chicken
- 100g feta cheese cubes
- 2 cloves garlic
- Chopped fresh thyme / rosemary
- 2 tbspn worchestershire sauce
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbspn low fat mayo
- 1 tbpsn virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
1. Put the cheese cubes, garlic, chopped herbs, seasonings and olive oil into a food processor or blender. Bliz into a paste.
2. Mix all the paste with the minced chicken. Shape into patties and gently pan fry until cooked through, golden brown and the edges are starting to crisp.
3. Remove onto absorbent paper and serve with buttered burger buns, lettuce, tomato slices and cucumber.