|Red honey dates|
|Jumbo sized lo han guos; courtesy of my MIL|
- 3 large lo han guos, rinsed
- 3 small honey dates, rinsed
- 2.5 litres of water
1. Lightly crack open the lo han guo with your fist and dig out all the seeds. Separate them and put into the pot with the water and honey dates.
|Separate all the seeds so that the full flavour can be released|
|My trusty, almost 3 litre zebra pot|
2. Bring to a boil, turn down the fire and slowly simmer for 1 hour. At the 45 min point, use the back of a ladle to flatten the dates to further release the sweetness into the tea.
3. Strain the liquid and serve warm. Absolutely soothing!