We all love one pot meals – one where you can just throw all the ingredients in, press a button and voila! A complete hot meal is waiting for you.
Starting this week I'll be posting a few easy and tasty one pot meals for you to try at home – it's great for busy families and also single working folks who are looking for some easy homecooked meals.
One Pot Pasta
When this one pot pasta recipe surfaced on the internet last year, it went instantly viral. Everyone was gushing over how amazingly easy and tasty it was; from executive chefs to Martha Stewart to foodie bloggers.
The original recipe is truly as easy as throw everything (yes, including the pasta) into the pan and boil. But there's nothing wrong with sweating the onions and bacon to enhance the flavours. Try this easy recipe and be delighted at how easy it is to make your own one pot pasta.
- 300g angel hair pasta
- ½ a bottle of 680g tomato pasta sauce
- ½ a yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 2 pips garlic, roughly chopped
- 100g streaky bacon, roughly chopped (use beef bacon for a halal version)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, roughly chopped
- ½ cup pitted black olives, roughly chopped
- A bunch of fresh baby spinach, rinsed
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup of grated parmesan (optional)
- Heat some olive oil in a medium size pan and gently fry the bacon until it starts to sizzle. Add in the onion and garlic and fry for another minute until onion have softened.
- Push the bacon, onion and garlic to one side of the pan. Add in the rest of the ingredients, except the spinach. Pour the pasta sauce ontop of the ingredients and add in 2.5 cups of water. Cover, bring to a boil and turn down to simmer for 15 minutes until the pasta is cooked al dente. Stir occassionally to prevent any burning.
- Stir in the baby spinach, salt and pepper and grated parmesan.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe was first published on Hungrygowhere Malaysia HERE