This post has been updated on 10 June 2013 with new photos and cooking instructions using the AMC Cookware and pressure cover called Seququik. Using the AMC Seququik Pressure Cover speeds up the cooking even faster than a normal pressure cooker. It also enhances the flavour and makes dinner possible in just 30min flat.
|By the time i finished cooking this, there was hardly any sunlight. |
Hence I had to photograph it under rather harsh, white incandescent light.
I like my yam to be super soft, melt-in-your-mouth texture, so i braised it longer. Adjust the cooking time to suit your preferred texture of the dish, I know some like their meat a bit chewy and the yam still in chunks with some bite.
- 1 heap tbspn of tauchu bean paste
- Salt and pepper
Cooking instructions using a normal pressure cooker
5. For normal gas cooking, after step 2, add in the pork ribs, yam, and all the seasonings, stir until well mixed, and bring the mixture to a boil. Turn down the fire and let simmer for about 35 min, stirring occassionally to prevent the bottom from burning.
Cooking instructions using AMC Pressure Cover Seququik
1. Blanch the pork ribs to remove all the scum. Drain and rinse under cool running tap water for a few seconds. Put into the AMC 24cm Super Deep pot.
2. Heat some oil and fry the garlic and ginger until fragrant and golden. Pour into the pot.
3. Pour all the seasonings into the pot and add 1.5 bowl of water. Stir to mix everything evenly.
4. Cover the pot with the Seququik, switch on the hotplate and turn to "A" (automatic). Set the Audiotherm to "turbo" plus 8minutes. This will only take 13minutes.
|The AMC Pressure Cover Seququik with the 24cm Super Deep pot|
|Audiotherm on turbo plus 8 minutes|
5. Once the Audiotherm beeps, remove it and let the pot sit on natural release. This will take about 15min. Open the Seququik and gently stir the contents, Adjust the taste and serve with steam rice.
Using the AMC Pressure Cover Seququik is even faster and easier than a regular pressure cooker.
For more information on AMC cookware and how it can help you cook faster, more convenient and healthier, CLICK HERE