When one of my best Aussie friends came over for a visit recently, I asked her to get me a few bottles of my favourite seasonings - lemon pepper and garlic salt.
Both seasonings are super versatile, and one of the food I immediately used to cook it with is roast chicken.
I used 4 Maryland chicken (whole chicken legs), and seasoned it generously with garlic salt, fresh rosemary and thyme, smashed garlic cloves and a good dash of lemon pepper. Grilled it with the AMC hotplate for 20minutes, and the result is lip-smackingly good roast chicken.
|Masterfoods Garlic Salt, Hoyts Lemon Pepper, |
fresh rosemary, thyme and garlic. The perfect combination
for a great tasting roast chicken.
Roast Chicken with Garlic Salt and Herbs
- 4 whole chicken legs, skin on
- 2 tbspn garlic salt
- 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary, roughly chopped
- 5 sprigs of fresh thyme, roughly chopped
- 3 fat cloves of garlic, smashed
- 1 tbspn of lemon pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 sweet potato, sliced
- 1 russet potato, sliced
- 1/4 japanese pumpkin, remove the skin and seeds, and cut into chunks
1. Marinade the chicken with all the seasonings for at least 3 hours or overnight.
2. Place the sliced potatoes and pumpkin at the bottom of a AMC 24cm pot, then layer the chicken legs, skin side down, on top. Drizzle some olive oil evenly over the chicken. Upturn the AMC hotplate and cover the pot. Turn to heat #3 and slow grill for 20-30minutes.
3. Remove the hotplate, and turn the chicken skin side up. Place the hotplate on the pot, turn up the heat to #4 and grill for another 10minutes until the skin blister and turn golden.
4. Remove the hotplace and let the chicken rest for about 10minutes before serving together with the potatoes and pumpkin.
|I also made Jamie Oliver's mushroom soup to go with the chicken.|
Recipe is HERE